Gleaning Farm-Fresh Food For Those in Need
Reducing Food Waste and Food Insecurity
A Project of the Foodshed Alliance
LocalShare relies on volunteers to connect people in need with fresh local food. Whether you have an hour, a day or a week to give, your effort, talent and generosity will be put to good use−and well appreciated!
We are looking for volunteers to help with the following:
- Gleaning−help harvest crops that are not destined for the marketplace.
- Deliver food from farm to food pantry.
- Prep and cook at our Community Dinners.
- Serve, set-up and clean-up at our Community Dinners.
- Outreach at community events about LocalShare.
- Do demonstrations/teach classes on growing, cooking and preserving local organic food.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email LocalShare coordinator Christine Parauda at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at (908) 362-7967.